On behalf of the new AKD officers of 2013-2014, we would like to express our enthusiasm for the upcoming year and thank you for the opportunity to serve this organization.
AKD has achieved some wonderful things over the course of the last few years, and we would like to take this opportunity to expand on their efforts to fully realize the potential of this organization. The following are the administration’s objectives for the upcoming semester:
- Increase the presence and recognition of AKD on our campus through active recruitment and activities sponsored by AKD on the graduate and undergraduate level through active recruitment.
- Establish a base schedule which provides set annual AKD meetings and sponsored events which can be built on by future cohorts.
- Give back to the San Antonio community by aligning with a non-profit organization to make a difference through community service.
- Increase awareness of upcoming scholarly conferences and events. Promote active fundraising to support travel expenses to increase student opportunities at these functions.
- Develop undergraduate and graduate support systems to promote collaborations and expand educational experiences at UTSA.
Any comments or questions should be sent to the official AKD e-mail: email@example.com.
Again, thank you for the opportunity to serve AKD and we look forward to working with you all this upcoming school year.
The AKD Officers